Help us celebrate Canada's downtowns by sharing your #iBelongDowntown story.
We’re looking for stories shared through pictures, videos and written submissions that celebrate the vibrancy, diversity, and welcoming nature Canada’s downtowns.
Canadians of all ages and background are encouraged to share their downtown stories.
And we’re offering $500 for the best story.
2 easy ways to share your story:
A great I Belong Downtown story is one that highlights how downtowns:
- are vibrant and dynamic
- are welcoming places where people value and appreciate diversity
- have a strong sense of belonging and community
Stories can be about an experience, a feeling, a place, person, group of people, or even a building.
Things to remember:
- All stories should include a picture or a video and a caption/written component.
- You are welcome to submit stories as a group – with friends, colleagues, classmates, etc.
- You don’t need to live downtown to share a downtown story.
- All entries must be submitted before November 30, 2017.
Download our Storytelling Tipsheet for more information and ideas on how to create a good submission.